For Canadian public companies, the new year signals that a new proxy season is just around the corner.
BLG is pleased to share our securities law resource, Annual Reporting & Continuous Disclosure Rules Book, our compilation of the relevant securities law instruments and stock exchange rules with respect to:
- continuous disclosure documents including the management information circular, annual information form, Management’s Discussion and Analysis and financial statements;
- corporate governance disclosure; and
- proxy solicitation for the annual meeting.
The Annual Reporting & Continuous Disclosure Rules Book also includes:
- the most recent proxy voting guidelines for 2019 published by proxy advisers, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. and Glass Lewis & Co.; and
- the policy on board gender diversity (published in 2015) and the best practices for proxy circular disclosure (published in 2018) by the Canadian Coalition for Good Governance.
Download BLG’s 2019 Annual Reporting and Continuous Disclosure Book (PDF, 26.4 MB)
This publication includes amendments in effect as of January 31, 2019 and does not reflect proposed amendments not yet in force.
To contact a lawyer, please visit our Capital Markets Group page.