David practices in all areas of commercial litigation, in particular representing Canadian and international clients in litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
His practice focuses on:
- all sectors of the oil and gas industry
- electricity generation
- intellectual property including patent, trademark, copyright, software piracy, and the misappropriation of confidential information and technology
- class actions defense
- shareholders’ rights
- mergers and acquisitions, including hostile take-over bids, Plans of Arrangement, and dissent valuation proceedings
- insolvency and banking litigation
- fraud and fidelity-related actions
- Anton Piller Orders and Mareva Injunctions
- land-related claims
David has dealt with matters in all courts in Alberta, including the Alberta Court of Appeal; courts in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Newfoundland; the Supreme Court of Canada; and the Federal Court of Canada.
He has also dealt with matters in the Alberta Securities Commission, and Canadian and international arbitrations.
David is a member of BLG's Partnership Board, our firm's governing body. David provides legal services through a Law Corporation.