Tanner’s practice focuses on tax and corporate law, with an emphasis on corporate tax, business structuring and private client tax planning.
He advises an array of clients across various industries on tax and corporate matters, including:
- Corporate reorganizations and restructurings;
- Business and financing structures;
- Goods and services tax / Harmonized sales tax and provincial sales tax
- Start-up and growth companies;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Private company succession and estate planning; and
- General corporate and commercial matters.
Tanner also has experience in assisting clients in the registered charitable and non-profit sector, including charitable organizations, private foundations and federal non-profit organizations.
Tanner summered with the firm in 2019 as a first-year law student and completed his articling term in 2022 before joining BLG as an associate.