Within his transportation, class actions and defence practice, Robin provides advice to private and public sector clients.
He has extensive experience representing:
- ship owners and P&I Clubs in actions involving domestic and international shipping
- aviation insurers in collision and casualty claims
- OEMs in the defence of class actions and product liability claims
- municipalities in the defence of police officers
- lawyers in the defence of professional negligence claims
Robin advocates for his clients and has tried cases at all levels of Ontario Courts, in the Federal Court, and in various tribunals.
His defence experience includes complex casualty matters and class actions involving multiple parties and inter-jurisdictional and cross border insurance issues.
In addition to Robin’s court experience, he advises transportation clients on corporate matters and liability and risk management issues, including:
- drafting of service agreements
- liability releases
- indemnity agreements
- governance issues
- labour and employment matters
Robin is the National Leader of BLG’s Transportation Focus Group and the Toronto Leader of BLG’s Maritime Focus Group.